CaixaBank has a Customer Services department available to receive and resolve any complaints and claims from its customers and entities within the 'CaixaBank' Group that correspond with this service.
Clients can lodge their claims with the Customer Services Department at the postal address, Av. Diagonal, 621-629, Barcelona - 08028, at the e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org, using the form specifically dedicated to this purpose, or in any CaixaBank office.
Additionally a complaint may be made using the following form.
The Customer Services Department has a maximum of 2 months in which to settle complaints in accordance with its operational regulations. In the event that the claimant does not agree with the resolution, or should the aforementioned time period go by without a response, s/he can present the claim before the supervisory claims service.
Customers can redact other types of requests, such as queries and suggestions, through Customer Services.
Complaints made by participants and beneficiaries of individual pension plans must be lodged with the Participants' Ombudsman. Similarly, ordinary members and beneficiaries of individual EPSV's must lodge complaints or claims with the Associates' Ombudsman. The postal address for both bodies is C/ Velázquez, 80, 1a derecha, 28001 Madrid and the e-mail address is email@example.com. For more information consult the “complaints” section on the VidaCaixa website www.vidacaixa.es.
Supervisory Claims Services
- Banking services: claims can be directed to the Bank of Spain's Complaints Service (c. de Alcalá, 50, 28014, Madrid) (pdf)
- Investment services and the securities market: claims can be directed to the CNMV - the Spanish National Stock Exchange Commission (Plaza de la Castellana, 19, 28046, Madrid)
- Insurance and pension plans: claims can be directed to the General Directorate of Insurance and Pensions (la Dirección General de Seguros y Fondos de Pensiones (Plaza de la Castellana, 44, 28046, Madrid) (pdf)
Consumer information (Catalonia)
There is also a consumer telephone advice service, provided by the Government of Catalonia, which can be called on 012. There are official complaints/report forms available to customers. The company offers a free customer helpline: 900 32 32 32. Furthermore, in accordance with the provisions of Act 22/2010, of 20 July, on the Consumer Code of Catalonia, consumers can request a template of the terms and conditions of basic financial service contracts that may be of interest.
Regulations on financial service transparency and customer protection
General Regulations on Consumer Protection and Contract Conditions
- Legislative Royal Decree 1/2007, of 16 November, which approves the consolidated text of the General Law for the Protection of Consumers and Users, as well as supplementary laws.
- Act 7/1998, of 13 April, on general contract conditions.
- Act 22/2010, of 20 July of the Parliament of Catalonia, on the Consumer Code of Catalonia.
- Act 2/1994 of 30 March, on the subrogation and modifications of mortgages.
- Royal Decree-Law 6/2012, of 9 March, on urgent measures for protecting mortgage debtors without adequate resources.
- Act 1/2013, of 14 May, regarding measures to strengthen the protection of mortgage debtors, debt restructuring and social renting.
- Act 16/2011, of 24 June, regarding Consumer Credit.
General regulations on banking services
- Order EHA/2899/2011, of 28 October of the Ministry of Economy and Finance, regarding the financial service transparency and customer protection.
- Circular 5/2012, of 27 June of the Bank of Spain, regarding credit institutions and payment service providers, regarding the transparency of banking services and responsibility when granting loans.
- Act 16/2009, of 13 November, regarding Payment Services.
- Order EHA/1608/2010, of 14 June, regarding the transparency of conditions and requirements of information applicable to payment services.
- Regulation (EU) 260/2012, of the European Parliament and Council, of 14 March, which establishes technical and business requirements for transfers and direct debits transactions made in euros, and amends Regulation (EC) 924/2009).
- Investment services.
- Act 24/1988, of 28 July, on the Securities Market.
- Royal Decree 217/2008, of 15 February of the Ministry of Economy and Finance, on the legal framework of investment services companies and other institutions that provide investment services, and which partially amends the Regulation of
- Circular 7/2011, of 12 December, of the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (The Spanish National Stock Exchange Commission), regarding the prospectus of tariffs and content of model contracts.
- Order ECC/2316/2015, of 4 November, regarding information and financial product classification obligations.
Customer services and consumer ombudsman
- Act 44/2002, of 22 November, on measures for reforming the financial system, amended by Act 2/2011, of 4 March, on sustainable economy.
- Order ECHO/734/2004 of 11 March, on Customer Care Services and Departments and the consumer ombudsman of financial entities.
- Order ECC/2502/2012, of 16 November, which governs the procedure for presenting claims to complaints services of the Bank of Spain, the CNMV (The Spanish National Stock Exchange commission) and the Directorate General of Insurance and Pensions.