CaixaBank has a Customer Service Department in charge of responding to and resolving complaints and claims from its customers and customers of companies in the 'CaixaBank' Group associated with this service.
Customers can file their claims with the Customer Service Department by writing to Calle Pintor Sorolla, 2-4, 46002, Valencia, by emailing email@example.com, using the form specifically dedicated to this purpose, or in any CaixaBank office.
Additionally a complaint may be made using the following form.
The Customer Service Department operates with a maximum period of two months to resolve claims, in accordance with operational regulations. In the event of a disagreement with the resolution, or if the aforementioned period elapses without any statement being made, the customer may file their claim with regulators' claims services.
Customers can elaborate other types of requests, such as queries or suggestions, by going to Customer Services.
Complaints made by participants and beneficiaries of individual pension plans must be lodged with the Participants' Ombudsman. Furthermore, ordinary associates and beneficiaries of Voluntary Mutual Benefit Organisations under an individual modality must file their claims or complaints with the Ombudsman. The address for both authorities is Calle Velázquez, 80, 1a derecha, 28001 Madrid, and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, go to the Claims section on the VidaCaixa website www.vidacaixa.es.
Personal data processing
The responsible party and purposes of data processing
The data provided will be incorporated into files, under the responsibility of the CaixaBank Group, associated with the Customer Service Department (CaixaBank, SA; Nuevo MicroBank, SAU; CaixaBank Payments & Consumer, E.F.C., E.P., S.A.U.; Corporación Hipotecaria Mutual, EFC, SA; CaixaBank Electronic Money EDE, SL; CaixaBank Assets Management, SGIIC, SA; VidaCaixa, SA de Seguros y de Reaseguros; Telefonica Consumer Finance, EFC, SA), to be processed with the purpose of managing the claim and complying with the regulatory obligations required.
Contact details of the data protection officer: www.caixabank.com/dataproteccionofficer.
Your details may be communicated to public authorities and bodies, to comply with the legal obligations required, and to any service providers and third parties needed to manage your complaint or claim.
Data storage period
These details will be processed to manage your complaint or request. In any case, once 30 days have elapsed since such data was provided, it will no longer be processed and will be erased. CaixaBank will store the data - as indicated by regulations - throughout the limitation period applicable for the sole purposes of meeting the legal obligations required, and to elaborate, carry out and defend against claims.
Exercising rights and claims with the data protection authority
You can exercise your rights regarding personal data in accordance with applicable regulations at www.caixabank.com/exerciseofrights or directly from the imaginBank app, by accessing the General Menu > Settings > Exercising rights. Furthermore, we inform you that you can address your claims derived from the processing of your personal data to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es).
Supervisory Claims Services
- Banking services: claims can be directed to the Bank of Spain's Complaints Service (c. de Alcalá, 50, 28014, Madrid) (pdf)
- Investment services and the securities market: claims can be directed to the CNMV - the Spanish National Stock Exchange Commission (Plaza de la Castellana, 19, 28046, Madrid)
- Insurance and pension plans: claims can be directed to the General Directorate of Insurance and Pensions (la Dirección General de Seguros y Fondos de Pensiones (Plaza de la Castellana, 44, 28046, Madrid) (pdf)
Consumer information (Catalonia)
There is also a consumer telephone advice service, provided by the Government of Catalonia, which can be called on 012. There are official complaints/report forms available to customers. The company offers a free customer helpline: 900 40 40 90. Furthermore, in accordance with the provisions of Act 22/2010, of 20 July, on the Consumer Code of Catalonia, consumers can request a template of the terms and conditions of basic financial service contracts that may be of interest.
Regulations on financial service transparency and customer protection
General Regulations on Consumer Protection and Contract Conditions
- Legislative Royal Decree 1/2007, of 16 November, which approves the consolidated text of the General Law for the Protection of Consumers and Users, as well as supplementary laws.
- Act 7/1998, of 13 April, on general contract conditions.
- Act 22/2010, of 20 July of the Parliament of Catalonia, on the Consumer Code of Catalonia.
- Act 2/1994 of 30 March, on the subrogation and modifications of mortgages.
- Royal Decree-Law 6/2012, of 9 March, on urgent measures for protecting mortgage debtors without adequate resources.
- Act 1/2013, of 14 May, regarding measures to strengthen the protection of mortgage debtors, debt restructuring and social renting.
- Act 16/2011, of 24 June, regarding Consumer Credit.
General regulations on banking services
- Order EHA/2899/2011, of 28 October of the Ministry of Economy and Finance, regarding the financial service transparency and customer protection.
- Circular 5/2012, of 27 June of the Bank of Spain, regarding credit institutions and payment service providers, regarding the transparency of banking services and responsibility when granting loans.
- Act 16/2009, of 13 November, regarding Payment Services.
- Order EHA/1608/2010, of 14 June, regarding the transparency of conditions and requirements of information applicable to payment services.
- Regulation (EU) 260/2012, of the European Parliament and Council, of 14 March, which establishes technical and business requirements for transfers and direct debits transactions made in euros, and amends Regulation (EC) 924/2009).
- Investment services.
- Act 24/1988, of 28 July, on the Securities Market.
- Royal Decree 217/2008, of 15 February of the Ministry of Economy and Finance, on the legal framework of investment services companies and other institutions that provide investment services, and which partially amends the Regulation of
- Circular 7/2011, of 12 December, of the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (The Spanish National Stock Exchange Commission), regarding the prospectus of tariffs and content of model contracts.
- Order ECC/2316/2015, of 4 November, regarding information and financial product classification obligations.
Customer services and consumer ombudsman
- Act 44/2002, of 22 November, on measures for reforming the financial system, amended by Act 2/2011, of 4 March, on sustainable economy.
- Order ECHO/734/2004 of 11 March, on Customer Care Services and Departments and the consumer ombudsman of financial entities.
- Order ECC/2502/2012, of 16 November, which governs the procedure for presenting claims to complaints services of the Bank of Spain, the CNMV (The Spanish National Stock Exchange commission) and the Directorate General of Insurance and Pensions.