What animals are included in the insurance?
You can insure dogs and cats up to 9 years of age. However, if your pet is already insured when it turns 9, we will continue to give it the attention it needs, without increasing the price of the policy!
Furthermore, no breeds are excluded, and the price will be the same regardless of the breed of your pet. You can even insure breeds of dog that are considered dangerous, under the same conditions as any other breed of dog.
Additionally, you can insure dogs and cats with congenital problems. But careful! In this case, any incidents related to that particular problem would not be covered.
Does my pet need to have a chip to be able to get the insurance?
Yes, the chip is essential for taking out the insurance. Furthermore, thanks to the microchip number, you can take out the insurance and identify yourselves at the vet in the blink of an eye.
We suppose you know your pet's microchip details, but if you're one of those who doesn't even know where its head is, here are four options for finding them:
- The microchip number corresponds to the first 15 digits of the barcode on the ID card.
- This barcode can also be found on the health card.
- You can ask for it in your province's veterinarian college.
- The REIAC (Spanish Pet Identification Directory) can also give you this information.
What is the duration of the insurance and what are the payment options?
BASIC CATEGORY: What does it include and how much does it cost?
BASIC CATEGORY: Is the insurance applied immediately once the policy is taken out?
FULL INSURANCE CATEGORY: What does it include and how much does it cost?
With the full category, your pet will be highly protected for just €24.28/month, as it includes:
- - Death due to an accident: up to €1,000 capital.
- - Theft: up to €800 capital.
- - Civil liability: Up to €180,000 capital.
- - Death due to illness: up to €1,000 capital.
- - Veterinary assistance.
- - More than 300 veterinary clinics around the country.
- - No limit on veterinary consultations.
- - Free check-ups and rabies vaccination.
- - Discounts on all other services: spaying, mouth cleaning, etc.
- - The cover is effective from the policy start date. But watch out! There is one exception: there is a six-month waiting period before the guarantee for death due to illness becomes effective.
FULL INSURANCE CATEGORY: How can I contact to communicate an emergency or a claim?
We offer you a telephone helpline service, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, where a team of professionals will give you veterinary guidance in the event of an emergency: 902 555 147. In addition, they will help to answer any questions you may have related to the everyday life of your pet. Your pet will always be protected against unexpected events!
You can use this same telephone number to report any incidents you need to claim for. But remember! You will have to do so within 7 days of the incident occurring.
FULL INSURANCE CATEGORY: Is the insurance applied immediately once the policy is taken out?
FULL INSURANCE CATEGORY: Which veterinary centres are included?
We give you access to more than 300 veterinary clinics and hospitals. You can locate the centres here: www.cuadroveterinariosegurcaixaadeslas.es. Once you have chosen the clinic that best suits your needs, you can book an appointment directly with your chosen professional or centre. It's that easy!
Furthermore, in the full insurance category there is no limit on free veterinary check-ups or consultations, so that your pet can be looked after even with just the smallest sneeze.
FULL INSURANCE CATEGORY: Which services do I have a discount on?